The following are testimonials taken from evaluations done by participants in the Couples’ Group Therapy here at The Center for Christian Counseling.
- Both of the group facilitators were great about helping us work through these tough topics. I am very thankful for your expertise and heart in all of these touch topics.
- Both of the facilitators did a great job! I appreciated how you put us at ease and accepted us where we were at.
- The two facilitators were very knowledgeable, compassionate, able to understand and validate where people were coming from.
- The group exceeded my expectations. The two leaders were very good; I felt welcomed, not judged, but valued. The class made it easier to share. I would certainly recommend the group to others.
The following are testimonials taken from evaluations done by participants in our Men’s Hidden Addiction Group.
- The group was very well facilitated. The therapist was very aware of individual and group needs, and he was constantly helping us understand things. He also know when to talk and make up our own minds. I believe this group was completely worth my time and money. I have been helped immensely. Attending this group has been my most helpful step toward recovery this far and I am so thankful I was able to be a part of it. Thank you so much for everything.
- Being in this group – hearing and sharing each other’s struggles helped me learn to be more open and honest and that I need others to help me. I don’t have an income now – I am living off savings, so it was a step of faith to join the group. It was not an easy decision but I’m glad I did it! I really don’t know what I was getting into when I joined, but this has really helped. It is a great start to dealing with this. It gives me hope.
- I thought that the therapist did a great job. He asked good questions to make you think without being judgemental. The money was a hardship for me becasuse it was out of pocket, but I’m glad I took the class. I learned a lot! What was most helpful to me was learning how to deal with my family; how family values have affected me and others, and how the forgiveness of Jesus Christ works in all of us – we need to learn to accept it.
- Facilitation was excellent; the therapist is one of the best counselors I have had! It was an amazing experience and progression seen through the group. I would highly recommend this group for those seeking intimacy and/or facing hidden addictions.
- The group was well worth the money I paid. There was a lot of information to keep processing – I went away hungry and knowing where to look was great.
- Regarding the therapist, he did an outstanding job! His style was perfect for me. The group was well worth it; I don’t think a value can be put on what I’ve learned about myself and the tools that I have to move forward. My heart goes out to those that need help but cannot get it for whatever reason. I look forward to serving/helping others in the future.
- I really enjoyed wheen we had a guest speaker come in. I think its good to have someone come in and speak about what comes next after group is over. I believe that the whole class was very helpful. I’m glad I was given the opportunity to take this class and get to know an awesome group of guys.
The following are evaluation comments taken from a presentation to a group of church pastors on the topic of “Compassion Fatigue”.
- What was most helpful to me was understanding the tools that help us see the “Red Zone”.
- Whas was significant for me was understanding the breakdown between compassion, fatigue and burnout. It was a healthy exercise and good discussion of the reality of the burdens that pastors carry.
- The presentation was very educational. As I am beginning ministry as a pastor, I am experiencing many of the negative experiences associated with it. It has helped me begin looking at area of my own life and asking questions.
- The statistics you whated were powerful. The interpersonal discussion was great. The facilitators were great at listening and sharing. The material shared was GREAT.
- Hearing the reminder that there is help out there from people who care was most significant to me.