3 Hour Seminar on Grief & Loss- Cheri Milton, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Much of life is a series of losses and resulting grief. Some losses are viewed as normal and predictable, like our child graduating and going off to college or our very elderly grandparent dying. Other losses are sudden and unplanned as in the case of a loved one dying from injuries sustained in a car accident. Still other losses can be ambiguous and hard to define, as in the death of a dream. But all losses have an impact on us. Sometimes the impact is significant leaving us unable to function as we once did.
This seminar will cover:
- General concepts about loss and grief
- Common responses to grief and loss
- The accumulative effect of grief and loss and the effect on our daily living
- What it means to grieve effectively
- Specific ways that will help individuals cope during the grieving process
This 3 hour seminar will include group discussion and a time of memorializing the losses.
When: Postponed until June, 2013; 9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Cost: $25.00 per person if you preregister,$30.00 at the door the day of the seminar
Contact the Center for Christian Counseling at 608.274.8294 for more information on this seminar.